Pages

1/25/2011

Chanel Couture Spring/Summer '11

I am always a bit lukewarm when it comes to Chanel shows. I admire the label, it is one of my favourites and of course a quilted Chanel 2.55 bag is at the top of my wish list. However, I think because it is so classic - something I often forget when I first look at the shows - it takes a while for me to warm to the garments.
With couture especially, I seem to have an expectation that I should be blown away. But really, it is a lot more to do with the details and quality, all the time spent making these unique pieces, that needs to be appreciated.
The general theme of the show made me reminisce the days where everyone used to wear skirts over trousers. Yes, 90's kid here. This wasn't one of my favourite aspects of the collection if I'm honest. Maybe the awful fashion of my school days has scarred me for life? There were, however, some very beautiful skirts. Plenty of floaty chiffons to keep me happy.



Here are some of my preferences from the show.





Read more »
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...